Well, its official! Meggie and I are complete blog-slackers this week. We have both been so swamped at work and unfortunately as a result our blog-participation has lagged. To make up for this I am giving you may all-time favorite recipe… CLEAN TACOS!
- 1 lb. of meat (ground chicken/beef, chicken breast, etc.)
- Ezekiel tortillas or Ezekiel brown rice tortillas if you want a GF option
- Taco Seasoning ingredients (below)
- Chopped tomatoes*
- Chopped iceberg lettuce*
- Daiya Chedder Cheese (dairy free) or regular cheddar cheese*
Taco Seasoning Ingredients
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 Tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- cayenne pepper to taste
Ground Meat (Beef, chicken, or turkey)
In large skillet, cook 1 lb. meat until no longer pink. Drain off any fat. Add the seasoning mix and toss to coat the meat. Add ¾ cup water and stir to combine. Bring to boil, lower heat, and simmer uncovered until mixture thickens.
Add 1 Tbsp of olive oil to a baking dish. Coat chicken on both sides with the olive oil and then the seasoning. Cook at 350 for 15-20 minutes. Time varies depending on your oven and the thickness of your chicken.